If you know me at all, you know that I’m obsessed with nail polish and I’m always looking for new shades to try out. Since the official start of summer is in two days, I thought I’d share some of my favourite ones that are absolutely perfect for summer!
- Essie Gel Couture- Labels Only (#200)
- Essie Gel Couture: Signature Smile (#230)
- Essie: Mint Candy Apple
- Essie: The It-Factor (#300)
Do you have a favourite polish colour?
Thanks for reading!
To celebrate the first official day of spring, I’m sharing some nail polishes that I think are great for the season. These can also be carried into the summer. As you’ll see, I love soft and bright colours, especially those that have a “clean” and white tone to them (first and last ones).
- Essie in Fiji
2. Essie Gel Couture in Style in Excess (#109)
3. Essie Gel Couture in On The List (#210)
4. Essie in Borrowed & Blue
Thanks for reading! Do you have a favourite colour for spring? I’d love to know & try it out!
I’m definitely a nail polish lover and when the new Essie Gel Couture polish came out I knew I had to test it out. I’ve tried it a couple of times since getting it and I wanted to review it.
There’s no UV light needed for this polish, you just need the colour and the top coat.
- Remained shiny the entire time I had it on.
- It feels thick, so big chunks never ripped off.
- I’m not sure if it’s like this for every colour, but this colour is completely opaque, even with one coat.
- It did chip after the first two days, but it was a minor chip and it wasn’t a huge chunk that ripped off like sometimes happens with the “cheaper” drugstore polishes.
All in all, I do think spending the few extra dollars is worth it. Also, they have quite a nice selection of colours.
I thought I’d take pictures every day just to show how it held up during the week.
Day 1: No noticeable “damage” or chips.
Day 2: I got a tiny chip on one pinky nail.
Day 3: No new chips.
Day 4: I did get a new chip on one of my thumbnails.
Day 5: I got a few more chips on this day; one on an index finger, my ring finger, and several chips on the side of one thumbnails (last picture on the right).
I took it off on day 7 but there was no change from day 5 to 6 so I didn’t take a picture.
I hope you enjoyed this review, let me know what you think if you try it out!