With Father’s day in less than a week, I wanted to share some ideas for quick, yet meaningful gifts. Some of these can be made yourself at a very reasonable cost!
- Personalized mug- You can go to a ceramic cafe and paint your own (this does take longer though since they have to “cook” it) or you can buy a plain mug and decorate it yourself with some paint and paint pens.
- Picnic- By this time, we should be experiencing summer weather, which is perfect for a picnic. You can grab his favourite food and drinks and set up at a nice park, or even by the water. You can also try to find a spot that is near an ice cream parlour so you can grab a treat afterwards 😉
- Personalized t-shirt: There are many places that will print whatever you want on a t-shirt for a reasonable price. You can kick it up a notch if your dad has a good sense of humour and have one of your inside jokes printed on it.
- Take him out to dinner: This one is a classic, but can allow you to spend some quality time over some good food.
- Do one of his favourite activities with him: Does he like to fish? Kayak? Run? Offer to accompany him when he does one of his activities; he will love that you’re interested in what he’s doing! You could also offer to take him out for a drink or a meal afterwards.
I hope that this was helpful! What are you planning on getting/doing for your dad for Father’s Day?