Today I’m sharing some ideas for treating your mom on Mother’s Day. There’s a mix of DIY ideas as well as store bought gifts. It honestly doesn’t have to be expensive to show your mom how much she means to you!
- Breakfast in bed (if you still live with her): You can’t go wrong with this one! Just make sure you get up before she does & then whip up her favourite breakfast.
- Frame a nice photo of you: We did this for my mom for Christmas; we took a photo from when we were in Niagara Falls last summer and put it in a small frame. She absolutely loved it; she even shed a few tears 😉
- Gift card to her favourite spa: This is perfect if your mom’s idea of a perfect day includes getting pampered. You could even up the amount and go with her for a fun day out.
- Get an Edible Arrangements bouquet: I did this for my mom a few years ago and she thought it was such a great idea. Rather than spending money on something she might not end up using/enjoying, you can get her a healthy bouquet which everyone can enjoy!
- Make a slideshow: Pick out some of your favourite pictures together and compile them in a video editor like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker (or a fancier one if you have one). Add a meaningful song that represents your relationship and there you have it!
- Take her out to a movie: Is there a movie you’ve both wanted to see? You could take her out to dinner beforehand and make it a date night!
I know that my mom loves and prefers gifts that hold sentimental value and that allow us to make memories, which is why I’m big on the DIY ideas.
I hope that this was helpful!
What are you planning on getting for your mom?