As promised in my last blog post, I’m sharing this healthy brownie recipe. They’re great to curb that sweet craving and they actually do something good for your body by offering fibre and protein. Plus, they aren’t loaded with refined sugar.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (this is the equivalent to a 15 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil- I use sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + a little bit more for garnish. I’ve used both semi sweet and dark and both kinds taste great, you can barely tell a difference.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine everything except the chocolate chips into a food processor and blend until it’s completely smooth. It may take a while. I blend it for a total of about five minutes.
- Mix the chocolate chips in by hand.
- Place in a square pan and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top. I line the pan with parchment paper; it makes it a lot easier to clean up after.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Let it cool for about 20 minutes before cutting or else some pieces may come apart.
I really hope you enjoy this! Let me know how they turn out if you try them!