Today I’m sharing my favourite muffin recipe! I used to LOVE the Tim Hortons blueberry and cranberry bran muffins and these muffins have a very similar taste. I love having these when I’m craving something sweet or when I’m in a rush in the morning; they’re the perfect quick breakfast.
What you’ll need to make 12 muffins (I made them pretty large, you could easily make more if you make each of them smaller):
- 1 cup milk (I use skim because that’s what we have in our house)
- 1/4 cup oil (I use sunflower oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1/2 cup blueberries- I use dried.
- 1/2 cup cranberries- I use frozen.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Here’s what to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream the oil and sugar.
- Add the molasses and the eggs to the creamed oil and sugar, and beat.
- Add the milk, then the bran, and mix.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add this (from step 5) to the liquid ingredients (from step 4). Then add the fruit by mixing with a spoon.
- Line the muffin pan with muffin cups or cooking spray. Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
Enjoy! Let me know how they turn out!
Have a great weekend!