Today I’m sharing my organizational tips! These help me stay on top of things and ensure that everything gets done efficiently.
- Making a list for the week: This helps me see exactly what needs to get done during the week, and when I will have time to complete each task. Once this list is written, I’ll then place the items in the weekly view of my planner.
- Making a list for the day: I don’t necessarily do this every day, but when I have a lot to get done, I like writing everything down to make sure I don’t forget anything. I write this list directly in the daily box in my planner. It’s so fun crossing items off the list once they are complete; it gives me such a sense of accomplishment!
- Thinking/planning ahead: Whether it be for the blog or for school, I like to look ahead to what I’ll need to do in the upcoming weeks/months. This allows me to plan my writing/studying accordingly. I’ll jot down major tasks or events such as blog posts and exams as soon as I find out about them, that way I can start prepping for a post or start studying far enough in advance.
- Using my planner: I write everything down in my agenda/planner; my lists, my events/tasks, my work days, that way everything is one place.
- Making time for both school and blogging: When I know I have lots of homework or studying to do, I plan my week or day to make sure I have enough time to complete both blog-related items as well as my school stuff. For example, I’m back to working weekends, and since I work 9-5, I don’t really have time to do any school work on the weekend (plus I’m way too tired/drained after work). Since blogging doesn’t take as much out of me as school work does, I might choose to spend a couple of hours Saturday night to work on blog posts. Alternatively, this semester I’m in class Tuesday, Wednesday night and Thursday, which means I have Monday, most of the day on Wednesday and Friday off. I’ve already decided that Wednesday will be a study day, and Monday will most likely be as well, but I figure I’ll be able to spend at least a few hours on Fridays to work on blog posts. Finding a balance is key!
- Make time for myself: We sometimes get so caught up in our busy lives that we forget to relax and take some time for ourselves. Some days I have to make sure to include this as a task on my list to make sure I actually do it, but I always try to find time to myself, whether it be watching an episode of a show on Netflix, or reading a few chapters of my book. Having this relaxation time to look forward to at the end of the day keeps me motivated to check every item off my list.
Thanks for reading!
What are some of your tips for staying organized?