It’s been a while since I’ve written a blog post, I got pretty sick right after Christmas but I’m so ready to get back into the swing of things!
I wanted to share what I’m doing/some of my tips to ‘ring in the new year right’. I don’t always set resolutions because I don’t always follow through past two weeks into the year, but I like to do certain things that help me make the transition into the new year a good one.
- Getting a new planner/agenda. Organization is really important to me; I have to write everything down to make sure it gets done. My mom gave me this Kate Spade agenda for Christmas and I love it. The colour is amazing, and the writing space for each day is large enough for me to fit everything I need to onto it.
- Reflecting on the past year. I like to take a few minutes to think about my favourite moments from the previous year, and moments that challenged me. Doing this makes me so much more appreciative of all the opportunities I’m given, and makes me think of things that I could do for self-improvement.
- Eating healthy. After multiple Christmas dinners and the Christmas-cookies-for-breakfast days, I definitely need to get my body back into a healthy state. To do this, I love to load up on fruits and vegetables. Back to eating salads for lunch (with chick peas and cheese-yum!) and oatmeal for breakfast.
- Clean out my room. I actually did this about a week before Christmas but this is probably the tip that is the most rewarding to me. I really don’t think there’s anything quite like the feeling you get after you organize and declutter your living space. Plus it can make room for that after Christmas shopping 😉
- Make travel plans. I spend hours a week browsing the internet looking at different destinations and trips that we can take in the upcoming year. Even though these might not always actually happen, I do find it fun to imagine that I could actually be going to that five star resort. Plus, it gives me something to look forward to once school is over for the summer. We’re thinking of going somewhere warm and tropical this summer and we are so excited!
- Setting goals. I like to set some goals to make sure that I always have something personal to work on during the year. I’m still coming up with those for 2017!
- Making a financial plan. I’ve always been the type of person to save my money but in the last year and a half, I felt like I’ve spent more money than I probably should have. So this year I decided to make a specific plan; to put a certain percentage of my pay checks directly into my savings account, that way by the end of the year, I know I will have X amount of money in my bank account.
Thanks for reading & I hope you enjoyed this post!
What are some of your tips to make sure you start off the new year in the best way possible?