I thought I’d share my favourite brownie recipe. The plain brownie recipe is from Martha Stewart Cookies. I added the Skor pieces and the salt to the surface to give it a “salted caramel” taste.
What you’ll need:
- 6 tablespoons (about 90mL) of unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flower
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus a little bit more for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups of Chipits Skor toffee bits, plus a little bit more for the garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a a square baking pan (mine is 8 inches) with parchment paper and butter it slightly.
2. Melt butter & chocolate in the microwave.
3. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In another bowl, mix (using an electric mixer) the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
5. Add the chocolate and the butter to the sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
6. Add the flour mixture to the “wet” mixture and mix until combined. Add the Skor pieces at the end.
7. Place in the pan and bake for about 35 minutes. Sprinkle the extra Skor pieces and coarse salt on the surface.
And here’s the finished product!
Thanks for reading & let me know how it turns out if you try it!