Are you perhaps hosting a last minute dinner or lunch this weekend and need an idea for a quick appetizer? Look no further!
I’m sharing my mom’s quick & easy spinach dip recipe. It’s delicious and is great as a leftover for lunches during the week, if your guests don’t finish it all!
What you’ll need:
- 1 large package of fresh spinach (about 312g)
- 1 can of water chestnuts (about 213mL)
- 2 cups plain greek yogourt (the original recipe calls for sour cream but we use yogourt to make it a tad healthier- you can use either)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Knorr vegetable soup packets
1. Start by boiling the spinach until it turns dark green.
2. Drain the spinach. I use a fork to press on the spinach to remove the water. Once the spinach has cooled down, I’ll form a ball with my hands and squeeze to remove even more water.
3. Chop the spinach.
4. Chop the water chestnuts.
5. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl using a whip.
6. Refrigerate for a few hours, it tastes much better once everything has time to set. Serve with bread or veggies.
Thanks for reading and let me know how it turns out if you try it!