What better way than to celebrate the arrival of fall & Thanksgiving than with pumpkin spice?! I had been craving something comforting like this so I decided to give them a try!
I found this recipe on Canadian Living’s website but altered it a little bit.
You will need:
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups of pumpkin puree (I used fresh but you can use canned as well)
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg together.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla and pumpkin puree together.
- Combine the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until everything is combined. Make sure to not over mix.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners or grease/oil and place the mixture into the tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes; a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
Here is the end product:
I hope you guys enjoyed this, let me know how it turns out if you try it!