With fall finally upon us, I decided to share my mom’s comforting (and super quick) apple crisp recipe.
- 5 medium-sized apples
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup softened butter
- Ground cinnamon
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees (F).
1. Peel the apples and cut up into small pieces. Place into glass pan. Mine is 14 inches by 9 inches but you can use a smaller one, the apple crisp will just be thicker.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon over the apples. I don’t measure this, I just stop when I think I’ve put enough.
3. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl until combined. I mix it with my hands, I find it easier and quicker than with a mixer.
4. Place the “crumble” all over the apples, making sure that most of the apples are covered.
5. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
And this is the final product! It’s not the most perfect but was still delicious!
I hope you will all enjoy this, let me know how it turns out if you try it! Happy Saturday.